Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Spend Days

I have just read an entry over at Notes from a Frugal Journey which I found very interesting.  You can read it here; No Spending Days

I realised after reading this that we actively do this.  We plan our spending each week in our budget.  So I can go three or four days without spending anything.  It's a really great idea to try out for yourself.  I'm sure that you have all done the thing where you go into a shop for a loaf of bread or some milk and come out with a couple of other things too.  This cuts into your budget, maybe only a couple of dollars at a time, but if you think about how much that can add up to in a year it makes quite a difference.  So I guess it goes back to my earlier post about my rather obsessive planning for shopping day - doing so means I don't need to keep popping into the shops and spending more than I need to.  It's only a small thing, but if you put away that couple of dollars that you DON'T spend then you should find you have a significant amount after a couple of months and you can really treat yourself.

Hurrah for No Spend Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment