Monday, August 8, 2011

Oranges and lemons...

Way down in the back of our garden there is an orange tree and a lemon tree.  The lemons have been quite prolific this year and we've had lemon slice, lemon meringue pie, lemon butter, lemon drizzle cake, and lots of lemon juice.  I was becoming a bit uninspired for what to do with all the lemons, especially after the kidlets went and harvested the tree and I ended up with about forty lemons in my kitchen!!

Enter a post from Nicole Wood on her blog Through my Eyes.  She's made orange and lemon cordial!  And now so have I.  I'm very excited by this, I'm not sure if they kidlets and the King will enjoy it but I know I will, and it's hardly cost me anything to make.  I am going to squeeze the other lemons and freeze the juice so I can make this cordial again and again. 

If you would like to try it, you can see Nicole's post and her recipe here .

I'll be back later this week with mince magic! Well, not magic, but how I stretch mince to feed us for about three nights.  With photos.  Ooh lala!!

No comments:

Post a Comment